Friday 3 July 2009

Go with the flow... Surfing!

First stop on my trip was a week on a surf school in Portugal. The Surf Experience. This is a surf camp ran by the Lipke family. Marlon Lipke the only ever professional German surfer on the tour. I had always wanted to learn how to surf, and together with a friend we decided to check it out....

I was smitten after the first day. My love for the ocean the amazing energy you feel when you are riding a wave. (for the record I did not ride a wave my first day this would come much later) Like so many times when I have been on holiday in the past, I did not want to leave. This time it was different, I could actually stay, and I did. For 2,5 months I worked at the surf camp preparing food for the guests in a hurry so me and the two other kitchen girls could strap our surfboards on the roof of the old lada and hit the road. I lived in this old school camper, you know the round one, right at the edge of the "garden". Had to pass their son who had to exile to a tent in the garden, and Krissy, a cool hard working German girl who took care of all the driving and lived in her van, some weed plants and aloud of surfboards to get to the outdoor shower. I loved my time at the surf camp, and surfing will cure me from a lot of worries over the duration of the next couple of years.










No comments:

Post a Comment