Friday 16 July 2010

Fiji - its not perfect, its paradise.....



Yet another Visa expired and to be honest I missed surfing in a bikini and chilling on the beach. Where to move on to? Remebering my father told me when I was a child that he wanted to go to Fiji Islands, mostly because it was as far away from Norway as you could get. I hadn't spoken to him in many years, but I thought if he knew that I was there it would make him smile. The world need more smiles...

Landed on Viti Levu and it was not at all what I had pictured. In my mind Fiji was tiny tropical paradise Islands with white sandy beaches and clear azure blue ocean, amazing blue lagoons and breathtaking sunsets..... Fiji is like that, just have to head of the main city Suva and up to the Yasawa Group Islands. Oh yes you will find a Bounty advert in every direction. . . Most of the small islands in the Yasawa group only have one resort and  all inclusive,most of the time the food was outstanding.
Short summary of how I spent almost 2 months:
Swam with mantarays on mantaray Island, checked out where the Blue lagoon was filmed. Picture perfect beaches, world class diving Taveuni , where I also spent about 3 weeks in my tent on the beach. Awesome! Waterfalls, breathtaking hikes, great chilled out fellow travelers, Naihehe sacred caves, Mount Batilamu, Surfing in Viti Levu windsurfing in Mamuca



Not at all a bad view from my bungalow...Mantaray island 







Kava kava Kava and more Kava.... and some music 

Traditional Fijian



Watching Top Gun on the beach, classic! 



Checking out some caves and lagoons...



One of the many famous sunsets.. Priceless! 




Just had to include this: 



My home for 3 weeks on the beach... Missing my dear tent! 













Rip curl pro






No comments:

Post a Comment